WHAT CONDITIONS CAN WE HELP WITH?
Contrary to popular belief, osteopaths can help with many conditions in the body affecting muscles and joints, and help you maintain a healthy lifestyle even when you are not in pain.
☆ “Movement is life, life is a process.
Improve the quality of the process and you improve the quality of life itself” ☆
– Moshe Feldenkrais
- Arthritic pain (pain from arthritis)
- Frozen shoulder
- Shoulder pain
- Elbow pain
- Mechanical musculoskeletal Neck pain
- Tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis)
- Headache (arising from the neck (cervicogenic))
- Migraine prevention
- Lumbago (Low back pain)
- Acute and Chronic back pain
- Hip and knee pain from osteoarthritis
- Minor sports injuries (ankle sprains, minor knee injuries)
- Circulatory problems
- Digestion problems
- Muscle spasms
- Neuralgia (nerve pain)
- Generalised aches and pains
- Tension and inability to relax
- Rheumatic (joint) pain
Who can we treat?
Osteopathy is suitable for people of all ages, from babies, to older individuals, including pregnant women. Some specific groups are discussed in more detail below.
Treatment during pregnancy:
A woman’s body changes during pregnancy. Those changes include the softening of ligaments, weight increase and changes to posture. That can lead to additional pressure on joints in various parts of the body, including the spine or pelvis.
Babies are more sensitive than adults to treatment and osteopaths will therefore use more gentle techniques such as cranial osteopathy when treating babies.