2022 COVID-19 POLICY
Please read the following information before attending appointments. Rules must be followed to ensure everyone stays safe.
By attending appointments, you are consenting to receive osteopathic treatment in accordance with this policy, and are confirming you have engaged with it.
INFORMATION FOR ATTENDING APPOINTMENTS:
WEAR A FACEMASK
- Please wear a facemask at all times whilst in the clinic. As this is a medical setting, facemasks are still required unless you have an exception certificate (bring this with you).
- I will also be wearing a facemask as part of my PPE (personal Protective equipment).
SANITISE YOUR HANDS
- Please use the various points within the clinics to sanitise your hands (on entry and/or in clinic room).
MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCING
- Within the clinic, please maintain a distance of at least 1.5m from others in communal areas.
- Please be aware that it might be necessary to wait for others to pass through narrow areas to allow for distancing.
TAKE A LATERAL FLOW TEST BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
- If you have access to tests, please take a test within the 12 hours before your appointment and only attend if this is negative.
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND APPOINTMENTS IF:
- You have COVID-19 and are in a period of self isolation
- You are awaiting test results or are suspected to have COVID-19
- You have had a positive lateral flow test
- You are experiencing any symptoms that could be COVID-19 (please note, this includes mild cold symptoms due to the new omicron variant presentation)
- You are self-isolating or in quarantine for any reason
- Someone in your household currently has COVID-19 and is isolating
- You have a condition which means you are in the ‘high risk’ group of individuals and feel unsafe to attend appointments (please consider the risks associated if someone in your household is in the high risk group)
PLEASE INFORM ME AS SOON AS YOU CAN IF YOU HAVE ATTENDED AN APPOINTMENT AND BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH COVID-19 IN THE FOLLOWING TWO DAYS.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM ME:
- I will be wearing a face mask/shield and apron as PPE unless you have any issues that make communication challenging (for example hearing issues that mean you rely on lip-reading)
- I take lateral flow tests at least twice per week and will reschedule all appointments should a test come back positive.
- Infection control will continue to be stringent with cleaning processes between each patient in accordance with the risk assessment.
- Should you need to cancel last minute due to feeling unwell as per the following guidance, I will waive the cancellation fee.
- I will keep up to date should any changes be made that will affect your appointment and contact you to inform you of the changes.
Thank you all for your individual efforts in keeping everyone as safe as possible. If you require any clarification of any information, do just send an email or call, I can advise.
Wishing you and your families continued good health.